OUR VISION STATEMENT
encompasses our core and linked values
We believe that there is ‘no limit to learning’. We are committed to the provision of high quality education, within a secure, happy and stimulating environment where every member of the school community is valued and encouraged to learn and develop the skills for lifelong learning.
OUR CORE VALUES
We actively promote the values and ethics that shape our children’s spiritual, moral, social and cultural perspectives through our values curriculum and our commitment to the United Nations Rights of the Child. We are confident that our continued focus on the our core and linked values will give our children the necessary awareness of what it means to be a good citizen in Britain today and embed the building blocks for a future successful and productive life.We believe in celebrating the increasingly diverse cultural backgrounds of our community whilst also promoting and holding true to what we recognise to be British Values - democracy, rule of law, individual liberty, mutual respect and tolerance of those of different faiths. These are taught explicitly through collective worship, PSHE and RE and permeate the whole curriculum, in and beyond the classroom.
Values linked to the core values are shown below. For more information please visit our Personal Development Curriculum pages.
OUR SCHOOL AIMS
Our School Community aims to:
- support one another in applying our shared values within our daily life, as citizens of our local, national and global communities
- provide a safe, caring and happy environment which reflects our values and fosters self-belief (an ‘I Can’ approach)
- deliver a broad, creative and challenging curriculum, offering first-hand, practical experiences wherever possible
- harness and encourage the safe use of new technologies to enhance and extend learning
- empower children to become independent, resilient learners and thinkers
- inspire every individual to hold a natural curiosity and love of learning
- promote positive attitudes to healthy eating and lifestyles
- include all members of the school community in the process of school improvement and self-evaluation
- ensure inclusion and equity in all that we do.
|DEMOCRACY||TOLERANCE||LIBERTY||RULE OF LAW|
fairness friendship responsibility co-operation freedom equality
understanding happiness forgiveness kindness caring sharing
courage aspiration perseverance independence positivity motivation
honesty thoughtfulness peace patience appreciation trust