|Equality Policies - introduction|
|Equality Objectives 2017-2021|
"Equality is leaving the door open for anyone who has the means to approach it; equity is ensuring there is a pathway to that door for those who need it." Caroline Belden (in the Equity vs Equality Series, The Inclusion Solution)
Equality of provision is highly important to us (see school values and curriculum drivers)
We believe in following the principles:
- We observe good equalities practice in staff recruitment, retention and development,
- We aim to reduce and remove inequalities and barriers that already exist,
- We consult and involve widely,
- We believe that society as a whole should benefit,
- We base our practices on sound evidence,
- We believe that all learners are of equal value,
- We recognise and respect differences,
- We formulate and publish specific and measurable objectives.
- We foster positive attitudes and relationships and a shared sense of cohesion and belonging.